Wednesday, August 21, 2013

decorating the patio

So, I've been super busy the last few months. In hindsight, it is apparent to me that I stopped posting on here right around the same time that I took on full-time hours at work. Hmmmm. 

As a result, I have a ton of unfinished projects. Yikes. 

Remember how I was going to re-cover some sofa cushions for the patio furniture set I got for free off of craigslist? Yeah. Didn't happen. Fortunately, Target put a lot of their summer outdoor stuff on clearance at the end of June. Here's just a little peek at what our patio looks like now:


We have candles and lanterns and a long line of hanging lights out there, and now it's the perfect place to have a drink late at night, or to read in the early morning (it's still too hot to be out there while the sun is up). This may be exactly the sort of thing that a bored suburban housewife might say, but the patio feels fun and a little bit exotic, and it's a nice little escape. And I love that I got to decorate it all myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment