Monday, November 12, 2012

What's Next: Singer Sewing Machine Table for the Entry Hall

Found last weekend: A beautiful old sewing machine table, for $10. Unfortunately, it's spent quite a bit of time outside, so the veneer is chipping a little, and it's covered in dust and spider eggs. I've already spray painted the base with black Rustoleum, and I'm stripping the veneer off the top. Next, I plan on gluing the veneer on the sides back into place, then sanding the sides, priming them, and painting them (because I don't want to strip off the gorgeous details), while staining the top. One drawer pull is missing, so I'm still deciding whether or not to change them all out, or try to find a replacement. Basically, here's what I'm working with:


I can't wait to buckle down this week and try to get it finished!

No comments:

Post a Comment