Monday, January 14, 2013

Better Pictures of the Kitchen Island/Bar

You remember the $1 changing table I cleaned up and turned into a kitchen island/mini bar? (If you don't, here's the link to the original post.) Well, I wasn't satisfied with the after pictures I initially posted. Mainly, my brand-new bar looked nothing like a bar, because it had none of the trappings of a bar.

Fast forward a couple months, and I am proud to say that we have finally accumulated enough adult beverages to present you with a more respectable-looking bar. 

And a wider shot--I feel like I might need to add something to that large front panel but I'm not sure what. Corkboard?
One of my absolute favorite things about my kitchen is my collection of glasses. I may have ugly plates, and old plastic bowls from college, but I do have some awesome glassware, if I do say so myself. I have about 10 different pint glasses from obscure breweries, and over 30 wine glasses that I got at an estate sale for $5 (because I just know they will come in handy some day and I won't let anyone tell me otherwise), and I really love the collection of goblets and other glasses I'm starting. 
Basically, I've been hunting for fun, colorful glasses in different shapes since I saw a bit on a bright, beautiful home bar in the July issue of House Beautiful (which I read all summer because I bought it in O'Hare before flying to Italy and just never threw it away). I found some pics from the article at this blog. Those spiky green vintage goblets in the back are from Goodwill, and I found the handmade, amber-colored glasses on clearance at Home Goods for 70 cents each. 

So there it is! Any suggestions on how I can make the bar look even more grown-up?

Lil\'Luna

2 comments:

  1. what a great diy! i would never think this was a changing table! corkboard would be a great idea...i've seen people use actual corks to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! Using corks to put together a corkboard on the side of a bar--that's a great idea! I'll have to look into that. Thanks for looking and commenting!

    ReplyDelete