Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Holiday Picture Frame Re-Do

What with my newfound obsession with Hobby Lobby's cheap furniture hardware, I've been spending a lot of time there. That's how I was able to take advantage of their Christmas decor clearance. I got these two frames for less than $3 each:


Fun fact: when I was younger, I thought animal prints were the tackiest thing ever. Now, I'm kind of obsessed with them. Not as much as Hobby Lobby is, though.

I wanted to make these frames work year-round, not just around the holidays. So the first thing I did was rip that sad red bow and plastic brooch off of the frame on the left. I made a large but simple bow out of a piece of gorgeous blue ribbon, also found at Hobby Lobby. Does anyone know the best name for that color of blue? It's deeper than teal, but not as flat as navy. Such a perfect color, and the photo doesn't even do it justice.

Anyway, here's how the first one turned out:


That's my grandparents' wedding photo! I'm crazy about the frame now, but I don't know what to do with the other frame. Should I paint over the gold stuff around the inside, or replace the red spots with another color, or just put a Christmas photo in the frame (as my boyfriend suggested)?

No comments:

Post a Comment