Friday, February 1, 2013

Belated Thrifty Thursday

Don't you just love a good trip to the thrift shop? I do. Last week, my sister and I got together to hit up Goodwill and the Hobby Lobby next door to it. We went in looking for small furniture, kitchen items, and home decor for her future apartment, so of course, she walked out of Goodwill with one glass and one picture frame, and I left with seven glasses--a set of four tiny, greenish-blue wine goblets which Kat originally spotted, two yellow highball glasses, and a whiskey glass etched with the word 'BOCADILLOS.'

In case you don't know, and most people probably don't, bocadillos are simple but tasty sandwiches served at bars and cafes in Spain. I studied abroad in Madrid four years ago, and the omelette and green pepper bocadillo became my everyday lunch, consumed between classes at the Complu. What this glass was doing in a Kansas Goodwill is beyond me, but I knew that I had to have it. 


So now my collection of colorful glassware is further expanded! I know I've jumped wholeheartedly onto the bandwagon since reading that House Beautiful article, but I'm not worried about it at all... because you know who else is on that bandwagon? Macy's. They're selling this set of four faux vintage glasses for $36! And that's the sale price! I got mine for a dollar each at Goodwill. I call that a deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment